Wednesday, July 2, 2014

The Grand Canyon of Texas

In my previous post, I mentioned our little family road trip taking us initially to Palo Duro Canyon State Park, TX.    It's sometimes referred to as "The Grand Canyon of Texas". 



Located in the Texas Panhandle, just about 30 miles southeast of Amarillo, it's hard to believe such a place exisits!  Why, well Amarillo and surrounding areas are the plains--flat prairie-farming land.  God is amazing, and He carved out such a place, I truly feel in my heart, when the Great Flood occurred in Noah's time.










I think we saw maybe 1/4th of what there was to see!  And sadly, we missed the production called Texas! that they have each summer in the park.  It also included (if you paid) a chuckwagon style supper.  Hey, maybe next year!








I encourage you to go to your state's park website, and see what's near you.  You will be surprised to find gems you've never heard of before!

No comments: